Saturday, August 3, 2013

Delicious and Divine!

The vacation is over.  I may have gained a few pounds and lost a few readers but I have not misplaced my mission of investigating the root of all health; food.  Over the last month I (with my family) have eaten home grown peppers, cukes and green beans from SC, grass fed beef from Jamestown, RI., fresh cheese curds and brats from WI, garden grown bells and toms from northern IL, and an array of restaurant specials along US highways and byways.  My pallet was teased and pleased.  My food fantasies were wined and dined.  My desires were satiated and my waste-line is the proof.  Food is the foundation for all things health!

Wednesday we arrived home after 30 days of stop and go travel.  My husband knew we would be a bit starved for vegetables as road food usually includes fried potatoes, greasy beef, limp lettuce and cheap cheese, so our table was covered in crisp peppers and onions, seared beef tips, fluffy rice, a great bottle of red wine and tall glasses of ice water.  Thursday we ate BLT's with smokey provolone cheese on sourdough bread and last night we enjoyed seared pork tenderloin with a bright green greek salad.  The menu from around the country was delicious, but cooking at home and eating at our own table is divine.

Tomorrow I plan to get the blog back online with information, explanation, suggestions and encouragement.  For now, I will just remind you to eat real food, give your vitamins their vitamins, drink plenty of water and remember to wash your hands.  Think "back to basics!" You might start by eating a great home-made meal around your table~  More tomorrow.

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment