Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Focusing on a Little TLC~

The traditional application of TLC is Tender Loving Care.  I do not disagree with this idea, nor do I wish to replace it.  On Monday, however, I began this series to repurpose the acronym with a more concrete idea: Time, Love and Consistency.  Could this recipe help you reveal your most authentic, healthy self?  Only time will tell~

Today, let's stay in love~ Remember when you were a child and your whole life was about what you 'liked' and 'didn't like'?  Everything was questioned with this criteria in mind.  "Do you like broccoli?" "Do you like skirts or pants?"  Do you like dogs or cats?"  "Red or blue?" "Bikes or skateboards?" "Barbies or baseball?"  You were allowed to choose what you liked and people actually paid attention.  Now, as a grown person with a job and a mortgage and a societally driven priority list, your likes and loves are typically buried beneath a pile 'should-s'.

Well, dear reader, now is your chance to dig the list out from the bottom of the pile, dust that thing off and give it some loving attention.  What you love, what you like and what you would like to do with your life is more important than anything on the job-mortgage-responsibility list.  Attending to your 'love' exercises your purpose.  Just as a child stands up taller and more proud when asked what he or she 'likes', so can you by nurturing your loves.

I love to garden; I have a few flowers, tomato plants and herbs bordering the small patio attached to our rental.  I love food and wellness and a holistic approach to living; I am a Health Coach to continue learning and nurturing and living in that interest.  I love dogs and cats and have both trotting around the house.  And I love laughter and space;  my children and husband afford me both.  I, too, have a job and a mortgage and a societally influenced 'to-do' list, but those are beneath my loves, my likes and my purpose driven priorities.

You, too, can reorganize your list.  It may take time to rearrange priorities. Heck, it may time just to identify what your priorities look like when it comes to what you love.  While you breathe in the implications of this post, grab some real, whole, naturally occurring food.  While you explore your authentic desires, drink some clean, cool water.  While you jot down what you would love to do with your life, give your vitamins their vitamins.  Wash your hands of self neglect and spend some time in love with your life.  Your purpose is your greatest priority!

No comments:

Post a Comment