Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Small Change

We are nearly into the 3rd month of the year and Spring is arriving.  Days are a touch longer.  The sun is casting a warmer blanket directing a longer shadow.  I can feel the anticipation of the changing season within me just as I can see it on the world.  Change, evolution, doesn't happen all at once; instead it is a series of small changes connected together that wow observers and beholders alike.  One simple change can align your efforts toward accomplishing your nutritional or lifestyle goals, just as the warmer sun coaxes the trees to bud.

Again, I ask, "What is your goal?"  All of us have plans.  Weight loss.  A Marathon.  Reducing Sugar cravings. Balancing the check book.  Clearing clutter.  Starting a business.  Goals are individual aspirations that deliver a sense of belonging in the world; aspirations should not be ignored or discredited for aspirations come from intuition.  Intuition, by definition, is the ability to understand something without the need for conscious reasoning.  As you identify your goals, listen to your intuition- you will then realize a path of least resistance to deliver you to your desires.

I have much going on in my world these days.  I work 4 hours a day during the school week.  I am in module 14 of 40 perusing a health coaching career through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition.  Because of my commitment to achieving my certificate, I have morning meetings, lectures to absorb, health history practices to schedule, and a program to structure.  I have a goal of delivering a healthy lunch lecture to the Middletown Public School System, possibly in March, which I need to construct and have approved.  I also have kids, a husband, a dog, a puppy, a cat, bills, a household to manage and myself to take care of.  No one ever said perusing goals was easy.

Following a path takes energy.  Positive energy, physical energy, emotional energy, mental energy, love, and intuition.  Energy is derived from water, sleep and the food you eat.  I believe that food is the foundation of all other things; if your body is nourished, your mind is hydrated and your soul is fed, then all things are possible through defining desires and demanding them to be true.  Each of us is worth living in our purpose, dear reader, and each of us has the power to evolve into ourselves!

While you describe your desires and tune in to your intuition, grab some real, whole, naturally occurring food.  Wash in the nutrients with plenty of clean water.  Pick your foods from colorful produce, crunchy nuts, soft fruit, tart berries, sweet honey, deep roots, delicate greens and local meat to ensure your vitamins get their vitamins.  Wash your hands of fear and take one small step into the familiar unknown of your intuition.  As you bud, and then bloom, you will coax those around you to do the same...  all it takes is one small change...

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment