Wednesday, February 26, 2014

You Don't Need to Wait for a Monday to Move!

Yesterday I saw a very clever cartoon of a hefty cheer leader rallying a group of ready and willing winter weight wearers to work off the pounds. "When are we gunna start?"  the cheerleader motivates.  "On Monday!" replies the rally.  The motivator goes on to inform the group, "Today is Monday!" and the group enthusiastically responds, "Next Monday!"  Monday is the easiest time to assign yourself a task, for it's after the weekend and is followed by Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday incase Monday doesn't work out.  If the action in question is put off until Friday, the next Monday is just around the corner, so you can start then.  My suggestions: Stop waiting for Monday~

Waiting until Monday does two things: one, puts further distance between you and your goal, and two, creates distrust for yourself.  If you are telling yourself you wish you accomplish any specific thing, avoid the self distrust and begin now. Right Now.  If you have a goal to loose weight, get up and take a walk right now.  If you have a goal to clear the clutter, take 7 minutes and clear off one table top right now.  If you have a goal to run a marathon, find a program and sign up for a race.... right now.

Because you have brains in your head and feet in your shoes, you know health and wellness isn't automatic.  Environmental invaders, like pesticides, the bird flu and pet dander invade the human body and interrupt the harmonies within.  Stimulants increase normal body pressures and decrease hydration levels.  Processed foods strain the digestive system and saturate the blood, brain, and liver with toxins.  Stress unbalances hormones.  Sugar taxes organs.  Sleep deprivation adds to stress, blood toxicity, dehydration and hormone imbalance.  Your health and wellness is underneath the environmental crud; after the stimulants wear off; above the stress; in the wake of sugar; inside of a deep breath; beyond a good night's sleep. Are you really willing to wait until Monday?

My goals this week included thinking of a name for my health coaching practice.  I took my dilemma to work today, and through a conversation with a few very clever women, a potential name was created.  I have also been trying to identify specific areas my health coaching practice will cover in order to deliver results to my target market; from that a Grocery Cart Curriculum was born.  I still may have arrived at a name and I still may have come up with a curriculum, but not until Monday if I had waited.  I am glad I put my fears aside instead of feeding them for four more days.

We are having Chili for dinner.  Kendra is in charge of the corn bread, and I have the beans, tomatoes, peppers, onions and spices all stewing away on the stove.  Plenty of clean water will fill our cups as we sit down to discuss the daily events in our different corners of the world.  We will feed our vitamins with vitamins found in our food and by thoughts of accomplishment and feelings of satisfaction.  I encourage you too, dear reader, to wash your hands of fear and waiting and begin nourishing yourself right now...  Monday isn't worth the wait!

Anna~

Share your goals with me!  I would love to applaud your efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment