Sunday, March 10, 2013

Friday, Saturday, Sunday... Amen!

From Michelle~  Anna,  thought of you while eating the best Butternut and Chickpea soup I have ever made. I used my pressure cooker but [it] says you can use a slow cooker as well. Here is the recipe and feel free to share it on your blog.

Winter Squash and Chickpea Soup

2 medium onions, chopped
2 lbs butternut, acorn or other winter squash, peeled and cubed (I used butternut)
1 cup tomatoes (fresh or canned), seeded and diced
1 (16 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed
1/2 tsp coarse salt (I used himalayan pink salt)
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups low-sodium or regular vegetable broth(or make from scratch)
3 cups water (I used 2.5 cups)
2 TB unsalted butter
Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish

How~

Add all ingredients together (except butter) in pressure cooker then bring to high heat for 20 minutes. Once it is ready to open use an immersion blender just a little then add the 2 TB of butter. Serve.
For slow cooker it says do the same excpet on high 4 hours or low 8 hours. Add butter after you use immersion blender. 

Damages~

Per serving: 175 calories, 5 grams protein, 30 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber, 5 grams fat, 10 milligrams cholestrol, 401 milligrams sodium
(Adapted from "the Mediterranean Slow Cooker" Michele Scicolone, 2013)

Thanks Michelle.  I hope you remembered to wash your hands...

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment