Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Stirring up a Little Motivation

I am on week four of my 13 week training program to deliver me to the starting line of a competitive 10K race.  I have been taking long breaks between runs, not typically recommended, but I am improving every exercise.  A few months ago (while I was running without a program) I was focused on pace and speed and completely discouraged, but lately I have been feeling good in my run.  I have found a comfortable pace.  My stride is a little longer, hills are not so difficult, my breath isn't as fleeting...  I can almost call myself a 'runner' though I am still on the 'jogging' side of the definition.

Aslo relevant to my self improvement, two days ago I was gifted with a guitar of my very own.  I have been playing on my daughter's guitar but now we can play together.  My fingers are almost calloused over from deciphering chords on a fretboard map and from plucking out scales in every position.  Don't be fooled- I still sound like a beginner on a clumsy instrument, but I have fallen in love with the activity and believe I have the potential to become a 'guitar player'.  (I also believe I have the ability to become a 'runner'!)
Recently I read a quote that states, 

“Your beliefs become your thoughts, 

Your thoughts become your words, 
Your words become your actions, 
Your actions become your habits, 
Your habits become your values, 
Your values become your destiny.” 


          I have realized that I am gradually changing from the inside; not so much my needs, but my desires.  Watching others accomplish what I wish I could do is no longer satisfying.  Comparing myself to others is no longer necessary.  Each one of us, as individuals, should not limit ourselves by the abilities of others.  Instead, we should believe, think, act, and find out what we are truly capable to doing.  

It is important for each of us to remember that everything we are able to do is based on the body and mind we maintain.  Each thing made within the body is made from the foods and liquids we choose to consume.  I encourage you all (us all) to start the day with whole, nutritious, naturally occurring food, to give your vitamins their vitamins, and wash it all in with water.  Wash your hands of 'can't' and believe in what you are.  And, for good measure, add a glass of wine~

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment