Monday, June 16, 2014

Assembling Your Elephant: "It Looks Like a Wall!"

Every time I start something new it's exuberayting, and then, three or four days later, boredom sets in.   If I get past the first few weeks, which I often do, I hit a wall, take a break, feel defeated and deflated,  then I start something else.  (I'm sure this only happens to me.)  Walls.  The great thing about them is they usually contain a window or lead to a doorway; I am learning to utilize the exits.

Walls exist, I believe, only because I want them to.  I dislike running with almost as much energy as it takes me to run.  Because of this, I use a 'wall' as an excuse to discontinue or to take a break.  To overcome it, I bought a number made of paper so I may pin it to my chest and run thirteen miles as a motivator not to quit.

The same for writing.  I love to write and think on paper but I use a 'wall', writers block, as an excuse not to be successful.  The truth is that I always have something to write about; there is always a  vitamin to describe, a dose of food for thought or encouragement to deploy.  Instead of following through on self-set goals, I procrastinate.  I am in my own way a lot more than I should be, it's true, and often my excuse is a 'wall'.

What I am coming to realize, though, is that walls aren't permanent.  They can be taken down.  A window can be added.  A wide handicap accessible doorway can be created.  If one cannot be removed, it can be painted a beautiful color and used to hang a mirror.  Walls are useful when providing support, necessary separation and privacy, but they are not unsurpassable for sure.

I encourage you, dear reader, to decide for yourself what purpose your walls have.  Are they keeping you from a goal?  Deterring you from success?  Separating you from what you desire?  Or are they beautiful places utilized for reflection and reprieve?  While you begin to decipher the purpose of your wall, grab some real, delicious, naturally occurring food.  Wash it in with a tall glass of water.  Give your vitamins their vitamins and, as always, remember to wash your hands.

Note:  Walls should not be mistaken for Stop Signs.

Anna~

If you wish for help assembling your elephant, I can help~  The only things we are truly meant to do alone are poop and play solitaire.  For everything else, hire a Health Coach!  www.nutritionalcadence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment