Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, dear reader.  I have taken a great long vacation from writing, from researching, from giving, and have enjoyed observing, enjoying and receiving.  Thank you for all of your visits, your insights and your inspiration in 2013; 2014 will be better because of it.  

The New Year's Resolution is a typical way to launch into the new year.  New goals and resolutions provide energy to normalcy; motivation to common action; inspiration to routine.  Some resolutions come in lofty packages wrapped in running shoes and mile markers while others are marked in inches and pounds.  I love the word resolution: 1. the act or an instance of resolving  2. the condition or quality of being resolute; firmness or determination  3. something resolved or determined; decision.  Whatever your resolution, use it to propel yourself into 2014 with a renewed sense of joy, positivity and determination.

As I stated above, I spent some time in observation this last month.  Excuses fall on both sides of diet choice, exercise commitment, wardrobe selection, happiness, work ethic, participation and enjoyment.  Scapegoats are often assigned to feelings and culprits to actions.  As I watched, I reflected on my own participation in this unnecessary cycle of blame and absolution.  This year, instead of deflecting responsibility for my own choices, I will take full authority of my actions.  I wish to be present, without regret, and without casting nets of condemnation.  To be happy.

I have also witnessed much, much, much negativity, both in my immediate surroundings and in the far corners of where only ears can reach.  Negativity is poisonous; it turns good company into arguing enemies and joyous conversation into spiteful competition.  Happiness and appreciative consideration can quickly dissolve poisonous positions and soften negativity.  Happiness, joy, also releases dopamine on the brain which has a lasting 'goodness' effect; a feeling that is addictive and sought after the more often you feel it.  Again, a choice is involved.

While you settle into the New Year, enjoy some real, delicious, naturally occurring food.  Wash it in with water so the nutrients can be absorbed and distributed effectively.  Give your vitamins their vitamins to fortify your blood.  And, as always, remember to wash your hands of negativity and be in appreciation of all that you come in contact with.  Within it all is a resolution!

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment