Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Statement: "I Am On A Mission!"

The road I am on is becoming populated with beautiful faces, challenging questions, informative rest stops and love.  I have reached my first of four tests in school this week with enthusiasm.  I have also scheduled 5 Health History consultations over the next seven days.  Only 30 weeks until my certificate naming me a 'Health Coach' arrives in the mail; there is much to accomplish and learn and practice before that end.

First thing on the list: Keep Going!  Every gaol I set has speed bumps that slow me down and make me rethink the route.  There are questions I have overlooked, complications I couldn't have predicted, set backs, I even get discouraged.  My blog doesn't generate comments, my Facebook page isn't attracting much participation, my technological savvy isn't getting much savvier, and I am afraid, at times, to solicit clients.  There is nothing to do but to keep going;  I will never get beyond where I am if I stop~

Next things next: Clarify my goals.  As a Health Coach my objective is to actively hold my clients accountable to their goals regarding health.  My platform is food, but good health is not achievable through food alone.  I will encourage my clients to explore all facets of health through healthy shopping (guidance and financial applications), healthy cooking (education and confidence applications) and healthy eating (self awareness and body image applications).  Each area has social, emotional and spiritual aspects to consider just as each individual manifests a different relationship with food.

Another lead to follow: Listen to my Intuition!  I love helping people find a happier, healthier, more confident version of themselves by listening and offering advice.  Every question that I am asked to answer fuels my passion!  "What should I eat?"  "What do you eat?"  "How can I stop feeling sick?"  "What foods will help keep my cholesterol down?"  "What is all the hype about gluten free?"  "From a nutritional standpoint, how do you feel about a cleanse?"  "How do I feel less tired?" "Can I clear acne with food?"  "GMO?"  "Arsenic?"  "Why am I fat?"   Every question and concern is fascinating!  I need to listen to my intuition and keep answering these questions for the sake of those asking and for my own.

I believe health is not weight, diet is not a fad and you are what you eat.  I believe we should all eat real food, we should all drink plenty of water, we should all make sure we give our vitamins their vitamins, and, to be considerate, we should all remember to wash our hands.  Health may actually be just that simple!

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment