Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Welcome It!

Today is my birthday.  Thirty-Six.  I want to complain and whine and roll my eyes at my progression toward 40 but I can't really find all that much to complain about.  The hills I have had to climb have given me strong legs to stand on; the tears I have shed have washed in fortitude; the the lines on my face give me more character; the mistakes I've endured have provided knowledge; the abundance of happiness, joy, love and prosperity has kept me warm and looking forward to many more accumulating birthdays.  Thirty-Six years seems only the beginning!

Fun facts that have become me over the last third of a century~  I have not have a traffic ticket in nearly 14 years.  In June, 2000, I was driving up to Myrtle Beach to pick up my sister so she could officially meet Kylee, my niece, her grand-daughter, in SC.  While driving with the flow of traffic I was singled out as a speeder; a tactic used, I am sure, to slow down the flow of traffic.  I contested the charge to an officer who then graciously rewarded me with a reckless driving charge instead, thank you very much.

-I am also suffer from stage fright. That may not seem important because I am not an American Idol star or on any other stage, but I do have a wish on my bucket list to sing the National Anthem before a professional stadium event.  When I give a speech, deliver thanks, talk in front of a crowd or enter an event fashionably late, my palms sweat, my heart races, my face turns bright red, and I nearly come to tears.  I do not, however, mind volunteering others to take center stage~  my husband and children and many friends can attest to that...

-I eat at McDonald's from time to time.
-I dislike cold beverages 83% of the time (and making up random numbers and percentages for effect).
-Rather drinking apple cider vinegar to wearing deodorant.
-Socks, red wine and coffee are a few of my favorite things.
-My least favorite place is the post office.
-I wish I had a garden.
-My straightforwardness is most commonly labeled as rudeness, which I regret.
-I have a very confusing sense of humor, one even my family can't quite get.
-I have called 6, soon to be 7, states home.
-Love to Ski downhill but hate the cold.
-I prefer board games to video versions.
-Afraid of swimming in the ocean, though I am scuba certified (does that expire?).
-Prefer eating in to eating out.

Mostly though, I try and eat real food with really wonderful people as often as I can, drink herbal tea and hot water to stay hydrated, am interested in vitamins and how they need their vitamins, and practice washing my hands daily of all the things I haven't done yet or done well.  Today I have the chance to make nourishing decisions that will leave me satisfied and well fed...  and I welcome it, even after 13,146 days...

Anna~

No comments:

Post a Comment